- an improved search mechanism, which will be much more flexible than the current search tool, include new features such as ‘related terms’, and offer more efficient ways of filtering and sorting results
- new map features which allow alternative navigation to and through the accounts, and which help readers to geographically locate the parish they are reading about
- new modes of presenting contextual information, such as introductions to counties and parishes, and new modes of showcasing the content of the accounts through changing exhibitions
- revised help texts and case studies that help you get the most out of the service
- improved citation assistance
We’re currently working on a prototype, which will allow for user testing over the next six months, and we hope to launch the refreshed service in the late summer of 2016. If you’d like to give us feedback on the current service, or to be involved in the user testing of the new service, then please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So with that good news, we wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hogmanay!